An If-win bet is an excellent choice for money management. A fixed amount is wagered on one team and if that team wins then the original bet amount is carried forward onto a different team (up to a maximum of seven teams).
For example, consider a two team If-win bet for $11 on the Bears and Giants at standard -110 odds.
- If the Bears win, you win $10 and your stake is carried forward for another $11 wager on the Giants.
- If they also win, then you win another $10 for a total of $20 in winnings (and a total return of $31 including the original bet amount of $11).
- If the Giants lose, then you lose $1 overall, because you win $10 on the Bears but you lose your stake $11 on the Giants.
- If the Bears lose, then you lose your original $11 stake and you have no bet on the Giants.
In an If-win bet, your first wager must win in order for you to have action on the remaining wagers. If the first wager loses, there is no action thereafter.
You can place from 2 up to 7 teams in an If-bet and your selections do not have to be in chronological order. Ideally, your most secure selection should be placed in the first position. You are presented with the opportunity to organize your selections in the desired order whilst making an If-bet.
How is an If-action bet different?
In an If-win bet your first wager must win in order for the next wager to have action. If there is a push or a loss on any selection in your If-win bet, then the action stops there.
In an If-action bet a win or a push (tie) or a no-action game (cancelation, postponement etc) will result in action on the next selection. While the push or no-action will result in neither a win nor a loss for that particular game, the original bet amount is still available to be carried on to the next wager in your bet.
To place an If Bet follow these steps:
- Log-in to your account
- Choose the sport type on which you wish to bet
- Add your selections to your betting ticket by clicking on your selected odds/prices on the betting card
- As soon as you have made at least 2 and not more than 7 selections the If Bet tab will appear at the top of the ticket.
- Click/tap on the If Bet tab and choose whether you would like If Win or If Action from the drop-down menu.
- Drag and drop your selections into the required order. The selections that you consider most likely to win should be placed higher on the list.
- Review your selections, buy points if required and enter the bet amount
- Review again before clicking/tapping PLACE BET.
You can place moneylines, spreads and totals in an If Bet. You can only combine professional and college teams from the same sport. As soon as you enter an ineligible selection the If Bet tab will disappear